Sound Planning and Appropriate Investments
The Capital Improvement Program (CIP) is integral to accomplishing the District's mission and strategic plan. In fiscal years 2016 and 2017 DSRSD is investing $44.6 million in replacement and expansion projects needed to:
- protect human health and the environment
- maintain and rehabilitate existing assets
- respond to regulatory requirements
- accommodate planned future growth
Current customers pay for replacing existing assets. Developers pay for expanding water and wastewater systems on behalf of future customers. Developer fees also purchase capacity in the community's existing infrastructure.
Learn about some of our current projects below.
View the presentation given at a March 15 community meeting, now available online.
Demand for recycled water is growing. DSRSD, EBMUD and the City of Pleasanton are investing $18.2 million to increase water recycling capacity by 70 percent.
- Budget in Brief
- Capital Improvement Program Ten Year Plan, FYE 2016-2025, and Two Year Budget, FYE 2016-2017
To receive an email when we post updates, sign up for eNotification below and select Your Dollars at Work.